sun shines through the rain

Friday, July 1, 2011

right?

Well.


I have noticed a trend.

Actually, my friend Brady did.

He pointed this out to me just the other day!


I.  Am one lucky lady.


seriously.


i'm due for another east coast vaca.  serious.  i need to just plan it and get over ther'

.


.


.


but,  for instance:

the other day i was at nordy's, naturally.  looking for a new pair of seychelles.

when i remembered.


this.

the it's a small world collection celebrating It's A Small World's 45th anniversary! 

featuring my fave artist of all time, Mary Blair.


so i walk over to the children's dept.  and asked the nice lady where i could take a gander at what they had available for me to ooh and ahh at.


they were in between seasons.  ooof course they are!


so she asks me, 



"what size are you looking for?"


"oh.. well, no size in particular, i just really like mary blair and wanted to see the collection"


"are you an artist?"


".......(long pause)... why yes.  yes i am!"


"here, do you want these?...usually you have to spend a certain amount to get them but you should have them."


and then i melted into a puddle


i mean look at them!

beautiful. 


so then i thanked her and thanked her and was basically glowing the rest of the night. 

can you believe my luck!?



i'm buying frames for the prints asap and hanging them up in my room.  i'm thinking of painting my own Mary Blair inspired painting for a headboard.  featuring these as well.  ideas? 


perchance an austria themed one.  i've always wanted to go there.  

1 comment:

Kati said...

AHHHHHHH!!!! That is so amazing that you got the prints!! How phenomenal!!! Yay!

Um, remember how I live on the East coast? :) I'm a boring 9-5 working person now, but I do have a comfy couch...

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground