Carry On Wayward Goose: Friend Feature: Brady Dalton

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Brady speaking here.
First off I would like to say this is a re-post from my blog.

Since is Erin is going on vacation I thought a story about a goose who was on a vacation that it didnt mean to be on would be the most fitting of my blog posts..


Oh and I would also like to say I think Erin is one of the coolest people I know. She rules. :) Anywho..


This is a story about a wayward goose.. named Stewart Turkeylink..







Last night I was driving in the car with my friend Brad.. it was midnight and with the Sabbath being over we decided to go and get a beverage from 7-11. As we were pulling out of our apartment complex we were talking, listening to music and having a good time and all of a sudden we both stopped talking for a moment because we both saw the same thing at the same time.. we saw Stewart Turkeylink, a wayward goose walking in the middle of the road. Keep in mind there are no parks close by to us.. no other geese anywhere.. no gosling.. just apartment, concrete, and automobiles.. and also a college kid who lives in the apartment complex across from us I assume just standing by his car smiling at the same situation we were beholding.. it must have been a sheer nightmare for Stewart.
 
Remember as well that this is Logan, Utah.
 
It should be spring but it has been snowing, rainy, and decently cold more often then not so far this spring so geese aren't seem to much around this time of year. We didn't know what to think..
 
Brad said "holy crap that's a goose" and I slowed down to a stop.. watched Stewart waddle past us and waddle slowly and then keep moving across the street.. I honked to see if I could get him to fly or move quicker so he wasn't walking slow across a busy road but to no avail it worked.. Stewart was also very dirty.
 
A normal goose should be white and healthy looking like the picture above but Stewart was dirty.. probably hungry and probably far from his home. His wife and children must have been worried sick. His mother is probably in a goose hospital because of a heart attack from Stewart being missing. Oh the stories that this goose could tell. That is the reason I wrote this post is because I would like us all to remember Stewart Turkeylink in our thoughts and prayers.
 
Brad and I considered taking him in but then realized that would be a bad idea.. but my heart goes out to him.
 
Where was his flock?
 
His family?
 
His home?
 
His next meal?
 
Did he have a place to rest his head for the night?
 
I am almost in tears as I think of my dear friend Stewart and the brief moment we shared. I hope that one day when we meet in heaven he can forgive me for not taking him in. It is not that I didn't want to it is just I wasn't in a situation to do so. I pray for Mrs. Turkeylink and little Joey and Sandy Turkeylink. But most of all.. I pray for you Stewart..
 
Carry on my wayward goose..
there'll be peace when you are done..
lay your weary head to rest..
don't you cry no more.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground