the twitter

Friday, April 1, 2011

it took me awhile to get on the twitter bandwagon


i didn't understand the point.. i still don't think i do.


but for some reason it is so fun.

the same way facebook was so fun when i first joined.




so.

the twitter.


let me explain it a little bit to you the way i wish someone would have explained it to me.

@fashiontrainee  (this is my username, we'll use as an example) 

when i make a tweet (it's kind of like a status update on facebook..) it looks something like this:

 fashiontrainee: i love justin bieber!

or if i wanted to say it specifically to someone i would type their username as well...
or sometimes i like to do it in place of a name

fashiontrainee:  i love justin bieber but probably not as much as @makinuvbetter

this sends the tweet to all my tweeps(i call the people that follow me tweeps?)  and it'll also send it to jordan-makinuvbetter even if he doesn't follow me. okay?

now there are trending tweets which are set apart by this: #

i also use the # as an afterthought..

fashiontrainee: i love justin bieber but probably not as much as @makinuvbetter  #he'sobsessed  #neversaynever

okay.. the #he'sobesessed is my afterthought

and

#neversaynever is a trending tweet

capish?


anyway.. just thought it'd try to explain it to you non-tweeters

so join!  then follow me. and i'll follow you!  it's great fun

happy tweeting!!



also have you seen this video?  josh groban cracks me up..

....so do kanye tweets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

totes following you [@maryjosnowplow]

Unknown said...

haha hilarious, Erin. Thanks for using me as an example. I'm glad you liked #NeverSayNever!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground