in five years time we could be walkin' 'round a zoo

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I read this post by the brunette bombshell:

just a thought. a fleeting, passing, unforgivable thought.

the girl's greatest fear--if the girl was really honest with herself--was that you could find the man--the man you'd follow to the ends of the earth--the man for whom you'd lay down your life and sacrifice and work and love for--and that he'd then find that woman.

in someone else.

because the fairy tales told as a child never allowed for this possibility. and perhaps they should have?
 
 
I tried to comment on her post but for some reason my computer is having major issues.  So I'm going to share my thoughts here.
 
I don't believe there is just one person I'm meant to be with.  Of course I'm going to end up with just one man, but I believe there are many out there who I would be my best self with. 
 
Does that make any sense? 
 
 
Her post was so heart wrenching.  Because we've all been there.  We've all felt that heartache.  Where you think you've found 'the one' but it turns out it isn't so.  But I think you have to feel that before you can truly know how good you've got it once you've found it.  Yeah? 
 
 
While my love story hasn't been written yet, I love love. 
My heart melts reading love stories and watching wedding videos.
 
for more of my thoughts on this subject go here

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Gah, it's such a sobering thought. But it happens. It's happened to so many of us. We just can't settle, though, thinking we never will connect with someone. We will, and there will be sparks. Just gotta keep our heads up.

Unknown said...

Ah! I love it so much. I feel like you & I are totes kindred spirits when it comes to love & relationships!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground