once upon a time

Friday, April 8, 2011


Erin's art was(is) featured in the student show



her piece even won an award



and all her friends came to support her!  ...(what is my hand doing?....)
 The following story you can skip---I just want to remember this in the future! 

Okay.  Tonight was seriously awesome. 
1.  Totally unexpectedly won an award!


**How I found out

I was running late naturally.  [they really stress about being on time to see who wins the awards]  When I finally arrived more than half hour late I walked into the Art Museum and walked over to the front desk where I asked if they had already announced all the awards.

This man said "Oh, yes, they have.. What's your name?"

"Uhh, Hi, I'm Erin"

"Hi I'm Adam Bateman {the curator of the exhibit}.  It's truly nice to meet you, congratulations you won an award!"

Me in shock:  "whaa... uhh...waaahhh...more mumbling...Nice to meet you!  Thank you so much!"



2.  I ran into an old professor who is totally over the Italy study abroad.  He says this to me:

"Is one of your pieces featured here?"

"yes.."

"well, show it to me!"

"okay!"

I show him mine, and tell him about it...

"Well you must come with us to Italy next summer!  Let's stay in contact.  I think you would be perfect and it would be such a wonderful opportunity for you!"


"YES PLEASE!!"

5 comments:

Bridget said...

yay!! that's fabulous you won an award! great work! proud of you!

Kati said...

CONGRATS Erin!!! That is so super exciting. You rock girl! I'm wondering if you know my friend Hilarie. She was in the show too and she did the Italy study abroad. You should totally do it girl! Would be fabulous!

Unknown said...

not sure why my head was tilted like that... Great work erin!

meg fee said...

so awesome! congratulations.

meg fee said...

couldn't be happier that you've taken that auspicious honor: 1010! a very good number indeed.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground