a really scary word

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

something that has really been bothering me lately:

divorce.

it's a legit fear i have.  but at the same time i'm not even dating anyone right now and am not even close to thinking about getting married any time soon. 

i've got way too many friends my age or younger who have gone through a divorce. 

my age or younger.

i'm not old, people.


it freaks me out.
i hear horror stories almost daily. daily! i declare at least once a week that i am never getting married

for other reasons than just divorce, too.



people tell me,

just don't think about it
cross that bridge when you come to it


but i do think about it.  probably too much. 


hopefully that fear will go away soon. 
i keep praying that it does.
i have faith in my heavenly father's plan. 

and i understand that stuff happens.  that things dont always work out the way you think/hope they will.

all i can do is be my best self, take it one day at a time, and work really really hard.  That's the point of this life, right?

5 comments:

the fowlers said...

i'm not going to say i know the situations of the people my age and younger that have divorced - nope, that's totally their business.

i do know it's some love but it's mostly hard, hard work to be married and stay married. don't worry. you can do it.

also, it sounds super lame but read dr. laura. i used to think she was crazy and old-fashioned but i think she totally makes sense. seriously.

Beka said...

Erin, I totally have the same fear you do. One of my good friends got married last April and now she and her (ex)husband are divorced. it scared me to death when everything was happening with them. it still scares me. but then i look at all my friends who are married, as well as examples of family and older friends who have wonderful marriages.

Jammie Marie Hawkins said...

I think we all have that fear but you have got it all figured out...trust in your Heavenly Fathers plan for you. Also Chris and I made a deal that Divorse would NEVER be an option. Now I know that sounds really crazy but when you know its not an option then you find other ways to work your problems out.

Ecuadmail said...

Having seen someone close to me go through 3 different divorce situations I agree, its scary. Don't fret though. If you don't go into marriage thinking "This is a 50/50 effort between the two of us." It'll rock. (Because its actually a 100/100 effort IMO). BTW I need to contract you to do some of your shoe colorings (assuming you still do them) for my neices b-day May 4th. Contact me somehow.

ashley said...

let me give a shout out.. I being divorced and holy crap 21. I hate looking at the stats of how likely I am to get divorced again...

the Big Grande Lesson I learned from all it is.. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

that and have faith in the lord..he knows what we can and cant handle.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground