what're you doin' new years?

Friday, December 31, 2010

new years eve?

Every New Years Eve Donny Osmond's voice plays in my head over. and over. and over.

Not that I'm complaining. I love me some Donny.


Anyway, that's not why I'm posting.
What ARE you doing this year to ring in the New Year?

Currently have zero plans. But good thing I have lots of friends and a spontaneous personality when it comes to parties, so I'm sure it will be a blast whatever I(we) end up doing?.. And I would take pictures and document it, but unfortunately I still don't have my camera back from a wedding I decorated a few months ago. curses.  Oh well... Anyway. Back to New Years Eve.

It always brings reflection and new goal-making.  So here we go:

Dear 2010,
We have most definitely had our ups.  Mostly ups, but towards the end we've had way too many downs.  Hopefully your good friend 2011 has some tricks up her sleeve and will bring good fortune and many blessings like every year always has. Thanks for the life lessons learned.
In January, new adventures were afoot.  New boyfriend, more work hours, and a new semester to boot.  Life was exciting and fun.  Many basketball games watched, and I learned all about the game.  New friends were made and lots of fun was around every corner.  I also signed up for voice lessons for the first time and found something I love to do; sing.  I also discovered that performing really isn't so scary.  It's the acting that's scary.
February made history.  Went with friends to see Elton John and Billy joel..  It was my very first Valentines day with a valentine of my own.  I flew(by myself!) to Baltimore, then took the train north and explored the streets of NYC like a pro with a best friend.  We even tried on Tiffany's engagement rings.  An experience I will never forget.  Not to mention box seats at a broadway show and attending the orchestra at Carnegie Hall.  Epic to say the very least. 
March came in like a lion, what else.  Highlights included Disney On Ice, Jazz Games, game nights and parties.  It also brought a new job opportunity in which I applied and interviewed.  Things were looking up and up.
In April I finally got said job and started doing laundry and learned to love ironing.  I became a linen snob noticing even the tiniest of details and wrinkles on table linens.  I started to learn all about flowers and discovered a talent I never knew existed. I also turned 23 and was treated to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.
May was a happy month that brought in lots of work hours and even more fun with the boyfriend.  Tennis games were watched and I continued to develop the talent of flower design and vocal performance. I started summer semester taking a class combining my two loves, Fashion Illustration.  I also made new friends in that class and had missionary opportunities. 
June was not what I expected it to be.  Hearts were broken and many. Many. tears were shed.  Summer seemed to not exist as I kept myself insanely busy with work and 2 new callings.  I hit 2 birds with one stone by keeping my mind off of boys and crossing off a bucket list item by going to the Backstreet Boys concert.  I screamed like a 13 year old and had the time of my life.  I still frequent them weekly. 
In July my best friend got hitched to another great friend. She looked gorgeous and he looked handsome.  Old traditions were met as we watched the 4th of July fireworks from the roof.  The sister and I had a photoshoot with a gal I'd been following on her blog and I felt like a starstruck teen meeting her.  She is just as sweet and stunning in person as she seemed to be on her blog. Summer still didn't exist. I was still healing and thinking and keeping busy.
In August I passed FashionIllustration with flying colors and celebrated by retreating to Disneyland with the family (minus dad. boo. stupid work).  I finally swam my ONE and only time this year in sunny California and even got a tan!  I also shopped til I dropped in Los Angeles and felt like a million bucks with all the shopping bags we carried around. (Okay, one of them was from Mrs. Fields cookies... don't judge me.)
September was another start to what seemed like a hopeful semester with new beginnings.  Work started to slow down and hours were cut.  I declared I was going to Europe and planned for a vacation for the next April.  I was forced to quit voice lessons to save for the trip. (Devastating.) I kept pressing forward with excitement for the adventures that would await in Switzerland, Germany and Austria; trying to work as much as I could to pay for all life's expenses. (boo! I hate bills.) I also had new dating prospects which kept things fun and interesting.
October had its fun, but it was extremely hard.  Even more hours were cut and eventually lost one of my jobs.  I stopped shopping for fun and started to cook more.  I discovered I am quite the little chef! I lost interest in the dating prospects and focused more on my family and friends. 
In November I was in complete awe when I saw the movie Tangled and was completely inspired by the film to follow my dream of becoming a Disney Animator.  I marched straight down to school and met with an academic advisor to see where I was with my degree and how much further I needed to go.  I was thrilled to find out I was already more than halfway done with my degree that would allow me to fight for my dream job and registered for spring's semester. 
December brought new goals, new friends, and even more saving as my hours were cut again.  Had to cancel my trip to Europe and eat the money I had put down already. (also Devastating)  Blessings were abundant, though, in other areas;  I learned a lot about the value of saving, hard work, and paying a full tithe.  There's no way I can afford NOT to do it, there are so many opportunities awaiting.  Started setting money aside for tuition and to start up voice lessons again.  I miss it WAY too much.  I also went out on a limb and put myself out there on TMB.  I never. put myself out there when it comes to dating.  So this can only be a good thing.  Maybe when my heart stops pounding when I think about it?



Dear 2011,

Bring it on.

I can't wait to see what you have in store.  I'm trying to be patient and look for opportunities in places I wouldn't normally think to look. 

Wishing you a
Happy
Optimistic
Hopeful
and
Adventurous
New Year.

Peace. And. Blessin's.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground