I has four journals

Tuesday, December 28, 2010


1 attitude of gratitude journal

my grandma wrote me a letter along with a journal that reads

Dear Erin,
Keeping a "gratitude journal" is a great way to stay focused on all the many things that happen each day that we should be thankful for.  Just writing down a few things every night will help you stay focused on all of the good things that happen on the good days as well as on the not-so-good ones.  And if you date your entries, just reading it years from now will make you smile!
Enjoy!
Much love,
Grandma
it's true. she's right. I love it.  it's really nice to recognize everything i'm grateful for on a daily basis.  it keeps everything in perspective and keeps me humble.  it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

then of course
2 the blog is a journal of sorts.  i plan to print it off once 5 years are completed to have for posterity.






3 the 10 year journal is my favorite thing ever. as you can see in the picture there is about 5 lines for each day for each year.  I am proud to say I have written every day for the year 2010.  It's easy because you only have to write a few sentences.  But how neat will it be to write for 10 years and see what I did on that same day 10 years ago? I was looking back and remembered each day as if it were yesterday!   To buy your own go { here }
 
4 and then i have a normal diary of sorts.
this is for long stories that won't fit in my 10-year journal.
and for more sacred/silly/secretive stories that I don't want to share on my public diary

I highly recommend PaperBlanks journals. They are brilliant. they lay flat when you write in them, so no annoying spaces where the binding is. Trust me, you will love them too. I've completed 2 full journals and am a fourth through my third.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I too have an attitude of gratitude journal, & I absolutely love it. Helps me see things that I may have missed during the busy-ness of the day.

Kati said...

This is fantastic! I have a gratitude journal too, it's so fun to look back and read! I am a horrible journal writer though, thanks for the great ideas!

Hilary said...

I guess that would make me follower #4 with a gratitude journal as well. What a blessing. But I'm coming to the end of my normal journal and contemplating the purchase of a new one. Your post had perfect timing! I need that journal that lays flat because i absolutely hate the space near the binding. It angrifies me while I write. Which of course is the opposite effect I'm hoping to get from journaling.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground