how did you know?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I asked some of my friends to say how they knew it was right. (A while ago, actually.) I was reading through some old messages and wanted to share these.   You hear so many un-success stories.  So how about some successful ones?  Mm?  Happy 400th Post. 



I think one of the sweetest things that he said about when he knew he wanted to marry me was that he knew he couldn't see me not being in his life. I know that I made the right decision because he is everything to me and I am everything to him.

I just knew that I loved this boy because he was helping me become a better person. I wanted to do better because of him.
 
 I don't really know how to explain it... I just kind of knew.. There was something different with him. He was everything that I had wanted in a spouse and for the father of my kids, we had the same goals for the future, and he was the only person who's opinion I cared about. I wanted to be better for him. When I felt sad or was hurt, he was the only one I wanted there to comfort me.  It wasn't magical and it didn't come without it's trials or fights (and we still have them), but I love him and only ever think of him when he's not here and just constantly wanted to be around him and think of ways to make him smile and new ways to show him how much I love him... and the thought of me being with someone else just never felt right. When I prayed and Heavenly Father said yes about him, I suddenly remembered that he had said no to a few others that were just as worthy and good people. That's how I knew.
 
How did I know he was the right man for me? I preferred his company over anyone else's. Whenever I saw something funny or heard something that made me angry, he was the first person I wanted to tell. I never got sick of being around him, and I just couldn't picture myself being with any other guy. I prayed about marrying him, but I didn't get my answer until a few weeks before our wedding.
 
 
I loved these.  It seems that, for me, the unsuccessful stories scream a lot louder than the successful ones. 
 
Then I look around at all those people- who are my friends, those I look up to, leaders, etc. who are so happy and in working marriages and I think to myself,  Hey, this could work out for you, too.  I've got to work hard for it, but it can work! 
 
Life happens and things don't always work the way we plan them out. 
 
All I know is with Heavenly Father on my side that I'm going to be okay.  No matter what happens along the way.

3 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

I love these. We're all different, and we fall in love differently, but I really like hearing about other peoples' experiences on the matter. :) Thank you for sharing this.

Hilary said...

Erin. Thank you. I needed this. So so much.

Unknown said...

um, this is adorable.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground