who, me?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

be yourself! {everyone else is already taken.}-not sure who made this statement. but i love it.

yes, that's caution tape in the background. and yes, i have squinty eyes and a scrunchy nose when i smile.

photo taken by jalene. she's incredible.






seriously though. 




sometimes i find myself

a. comparing myself to other girls. (photoshopped or not)
b. saying {thinking} ridiculous statements about myself (see a.)
c. wishing i was more like insert friend's name here. (I have some incredible, beautiful, thoughtful, crafty, creative, awesome friends.) 

catch my drift?


but i have to remember that i'm me and i'm not going to be anyone else any time soon
(or ever)

i can, however, try to be the best me.

and i do try.  every day.


Nelson Mandela is one smart guy.


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.


It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?Actually who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us.

It’s not just in some; it’s in all, everyone.

And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."



so.

there you have it.
i guess i'm stuck being me.
and i like it.

read my other reminders on this subject here and here.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

that's actually not a Mandela quote. He used it in a speak and everyone's been crediting him with it since.

BTW, since we're fellow blog stalkers of each other & MoBach contestants -- we should be friends for realsies.

Jen Schow said...

:) Your post makes me smile.

Jen Schow said...

:) Your post makes me smile.

Beka said...

Erin, you are inspired. I have been struggling with this lately and I needed a reminder! You are beautiful and I look up to you so much!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Clarification Brittany!

Agreed. We should! We are!

Ashley Serena said...

Beautiful thoughts, Miss Erin. <3

Janeal said...

if this had a "like" button, I'd click it. but it doesn't so I have to make a real comment. which I'm fine with, cuz you're great.
and this post is great. let's aspire to be better, but not compare ourselves to people we think are better!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground