lost in the city.

Monday, September 13, 2010

I drive to school in downtown SLC at least twice a week.  I rarely get lost.  I know my way.  I have a great sense of direction.


However.


I was calling the mother to tell her about school and my plans for next semester (sad, I'm already thinking about next semester!  I'm not even a month into Fall yet...) and missed my turn onto 500 S. to get to the freeway.  Before I knew it I was on 9th south and in a part of town that was not well lit.. I felt uncomfortable and creeped out. 


Cue panic mode.


All I was thinking was "FIND THE FREEWAY NOW"  and nothing else mattered.


I turned right at 9th south heading West into a seemigly darker and creepier part of town.  Luckily I saw a traffic light ahead [traffic light=busy street=freeway] and decided to head toward that. Once onto the busy street I headed back north to find 500  S.. 


finally I saw the big blue sign pointing me toward the I-15. 


I turned right, then right again onto the freeway entrance.


This is when I noticed something peculiar.

I was on 400 S.... Not 500 S....

And I was entering the freeway in the CARPOOL lane.  BY MYSELF.

My heart started pounding.  I knew for sure that I would be pulled over and get in huge trouble.


Thankfully panic mode was turned on yet again and my lead foot stepped in to play.  I hurried and merged into regular traffic and drove carefully the rest of the way home, dodging any sight of a po-po (if there were any, who knows?), relieved I had found the freeway without being shot/kidnapped.  (My biggest fears in the city).


Next time I will try not to be so distracted and miss my turn.


That was quite the adventure, though, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground