Wedding Bouquet 101

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Many of you might know that I work at a cute little wedding shop doing the floral orders.

Yesterday alone, we put together

38 centerpieces
approximately 40 boutonniers/ corsages
bridesmaids bouquets

and Bridal Bouquets.


Okay people.

Some Brides are very particular and are looking for a specific look.

That's fine, I used to be ultra picky too... Until I became the one doing the bouquets.  Please just stop caring and let me do my job! 

Certain flowers cooperate with me. They are:

Roses

Spray Roses

Dahlias

Lisianthus

Stock

Orchids

Mini Calla Lilies

Freesia


See?  SO many to choose from that are nice flowers.


You will not believe how many brides love the

Asiatic Lily
Hate.

Hate.

Hate is a strong word.

REALLY dislike.


Here are reasons why you should not choose this in your bridal bouquet.



  • They are HUGE and take over the whole bouquet.
  • The pollen stains EVERYTHING... Including your white wedding dress. (okay that's not a huge deal.. we take out the pollen. But Still. MY hands are stained, not your white dress. You're Welcome.)
  • They are very hard to create a bouquet with, the stems do not cooperate. You have to work around THEM and I do not like that plan.


So don't choose them.

Tell your engaged friends.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground