What I know for sure.

Monday, August 23, 2010

As I was twiddling my thumbs in the Long Beach airport awaiting the flight back from sunny California, I decided a good way to kill some more time would be to pick up a go-to magazine.  Naturally I tried to find Real Simple and Martha Stewart Weddings, but since I subscribe to RS and MSW was nowhere to be found, I picked up the O magazine.  That's right, kids. Oprah.

I used to tease my mom about watching Oprah every day, then highschool rolled around and I started to join her.  I've truly grown to love the show, and the magazine isn't bad either.  It's kind of Real Simple meets Martha Stewart---just without all the darling layouts and paper art that is the appeal of Real Simple.

Anyhow, as I'm reading through it, I guess Oprah writes a one page article every month.  And titles it What I Know For Sure.  

Here's what Ellen DeGeneres knows for sure if you're curious 

Anyhow, it got me thinking.  What does Erin know for sure?

I think I do know a lot of things for sure.

But lately {lately this thought tends to be all the time more recently} I've been thinking about reaching my full potential.  I want nothing more than to be successful and to be completely happy doing what I know and love. 

How funny that Oprah's article this month was about reaching our full potential. 

Reaching your potential as a human being is more than an ideal. It's the ultimate goal

She talks about discovering who we are, dealing with problems as they arise and living each day to be better than you were the day before.

Doesn't it ring a bell? 

It just clicked again; 

What I know for sure.

I've been progressing toward reaching my full potential every day.  One day at a time.  I know for sure that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be made perfect and reach our full potential.  Because, my friends, through Him, everything is acheivable.  If you can dream it, you can do it.  I'm serious.  I know that for sure.  


 He is our Savior, and He is the author of your great expectations.
-Thomas S. Monson

2 comments:

Jammie Marie Hawkins said...

Thanks girl this really got me thinking about a lot of things. I have to make sure im reaching my full potential by not settling for anything less than I deserve! Your post was a good reminder of this and just what I needed. Thanks again :)

Hilary said...

Thanks for your testimony. You're so strong. I needed to hear this.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground