Stay At Home

Thursday, August 5, 2010

While doing all of the many gazillion floral orders I've been doing lately, I've got a ton of time to think.

About EVERYTHING.




School
Work
Future Goals
Boys
Not Boys
Church Callings
Friends




Today's thought subject:


The kind of Mother I want to be.


Yeah, I think about strange things.  I'm not even CLOSE to being a mother.


But I used to have so many ideas of what motherhood was to me.  I wanted to be that corporate business mom who worked and still had a family life.  One of those glamorous looking moms who had a nanny... Yeah, that seemed like the ideal life for me a few years ago.



But today, I was thinking about it.

And there is no way on earth I want to be a working mom.


I want to be a stay at home mom, absolutely.

I want to be the mom to help with homework and random school projects, I want to go to the dance recitals and even read my book outside in the SUV while the girls are in dance practice.  I want to be an involved mom.  I want scriptures and FHE to be exciting and looked forward to in my house.  I want to be that mom.

The mom that knows exactly what to do in sticky situations.  The mom that knows the right answer to everything.  The mom that's great at math.  The mom that's great at spelling.  The mom that has all the time in the world to sit down and read bedtime stories and make dress ups. 


I want that to be my career.  As much as I have loved that idea of having such a glamorous working life... I want that, too. I want to get my degrees.  

But first and foremost I want to be a mother.

My mom is a perfect example of the kind of mom I want to be.  She's the best ever, and any of you who know my mom know that she's the best ever. :) 

1 comment:

Kati said...

Amen! And me too. :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground