happy news

Thursday, February 9, 2012

so

I got into the Italy Study Abroad Program!

I've known since November, but still hadn't really made it known on this here blog.  It's been a really long time coming and is a miracle/dream come true in more ways than one.
I leave in May and I'll get back in June.  I cannot wait.
While in Italia, I'll be studying all sorts of Art History.  My emphasis will be in Baroque art and architecture (one of my favorite art periods) and Art History to the Renaissance.
I'll be visiting these places (to name a few)
 
hiking in Cinque Terre
Roma
Florence
Venice
Any of you been to Italy before?  For those of you following me on Pinterest you've probably already seen my board dedicated to Study Abroad {Eep!} but I would be oh so grateful for any tips or insight you have on the subject.  
1. Things to get me even more excited than I already am 
2. Help me get prepared. (ie long flight, traveling abroad tips, art history books to read, saving money....)
needless to say, 
I am more than excited.
Not going to lie, I cried a little thinking about it today.
PS thank you to those of you who have helped at all in getting me to go.  You know who you are, and I love you all more than you know.

4 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

I went to Switzerland for a study abroad, and got to go to Cinque Terre for a few days. It's just like the pictures! The hikes are great, there's a nice sandy beach at Monterosso, the food is delicious. Congratulations!

Cassidy said...

i am soooooo jealous!! Seriously sooo sooo excited for you!!

Beka said...

if you can you should try to get a layover in london or paris that is like 12 hours and then go out and explore the city! you will be exhausted but won't regret one second of it!

mrsshess said...

I LOVED studying the Baroque period! All those curvy, full, BEAUTIFUL bodies in the paintings and sculptures are to DIE for! One suggestion I would give you on buying souvenirs is a)buy your scarves/ties in Florence (you won't find them for a larger variety or better price any where else), b) if you're looking for artwork you can get it in Rome and Venice FROM the artist off the street, c) in Venice there are some BEAUTIFUL masks and glass work so wait till you get there for those items. And get as MUCH gelato as you possibly can (some of my favorite flavors were yogurt and peach together-so yum!) Oh, and ALWAYS have your camera with you (and come change)... and I always had a snack with me, and my sketchbook and pen (so you can write down or draw places you want to revisit or moments that you don't want to forget, and phrases you'll need to know ;) OH, I am SO excited for you!!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground