more artwork

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

distilled landscape

times square in blue

soft pastel on canson paper

the last time i was in times square it was pouring rain.  i loved the feel i had when i was there.  it was pouring rain but i still felt completely at home and warm.  i tried to capture that in this piece.
collage

untitled

mixed media, collage

when we got this assignment i had something completely different in mind. lots of rectangled cut out paper making some sort of rainbow blocks... (I love my bright colors)  but as i started working on it, the more i tried to force my ideas upon it, the more it wouldn't work.  i had to let the artwork do what it wanted to and i just guided it to where it needed to be (my professor's words.  i am loving that classs.)

I am learning so much.  Fine Art, I love you.  I feel like a sophisticated lady learning so much about something I'm passionate about.  I so much want to visit the Louvre in Paris.   And not only take in Van Gogh or Michaelangelo's artwork, but also to take in everything the curators have put in there, like Claude Lorrain.  There are some remarkable pieces which have been overlooked because most people really just pay attention to what society has given the most attention to. (like the Mona Lisa.).  just a thought.

happy art-ing!


also, I'm just curious.

What do you think makes a masterpiece?  I have more thoughts on that later, but I'm just wondering what you think.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground