friend feature: Why Blog?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I am going to mix things up a little bit on the blog and have asked several friends to make some guest posts here.  I love to get to know new people via other blogs.  So every once and awhile watch for posts for some people that I think are really great. 

Today's post comes from one of my dearest friends, Bradley James.  You can read about all his adventures here.  Enjoy!

This is my first attempt at doing a guest post on someone's blog so you will first have to excuse my language. I tend to use PG-13 material in my blog posts. The assigned topic for this post was shooting for goals. I took this topic literally, and would love to relate an experience that happened to me recently. I am currently in a class titled Living With Wildlife. Yes, you read that right, I am in a treehugger class. At least that was what I assumed at first. Oh and you know what assuming does, it makes an A$$ out of you and me. I always chuckle at that joke no matter how many times I say it. It's like the slew of Helen Keller jokes that I keep in my memory bank. They are always good for a chuckle. Alright I have gotten somewhat off topic. Shooting For Goals.

In my Living With Wildlife class we were required to either obtain a hunter's license or a bow hunter's license. I naturally chose the bow hunter's license. Mainly because I have been compared to Legolas, Robin Hood, and William Tell. Please take a gander at the pictures below to determine for yourself.



THE Bradley J.
Legolas
Robin Hood... He's a fox...
William Tell



I slowly closed one eye, notched my arrow, and launched it at high velocities at the target 25 feet down the archery range. The arrow was flying true until it hit the ground generously short of the target. You must understand the circumstances that I found myself in my class. I was standing next to three or for seasoned experts. Each person had adorned some sort of camouflage. I came in my jammy jams. They were all waxing their bow threads and I was using an orange training bow that they usually give to women and children. Needless to say I felt very out of my league in this class. I shot over twenty times that day and not a single arrow hit the target.


Life is not always about hitting targets. It's about trying. I walked out of my archery class that day with my head held high. No, I wasn't the best archer in the class by a long shot, but I had tried something new that day. Spend every single day trying something new. Too often too many of us find ourselves in the routines of our everyday lives. We are stuck. Go fail at something. That's what life is all about. Expanding our horizons and becoming the people that we are supposed to be. Go sing karaoke, and make a fool of yourself. Skinny dip! Hit baseballs at a shooting cage. Why would we all stick to the one genre that we are good at? Expand your horizons and make your goals become reachable. Peace Out

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground