attempt at 30for30

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So a few weeks ago I came across this blog/challenge.  30 for 30.  It's where you choose 30 pieces from your closet and only wear those 30 pieces for 30 days.  Something that really intrigued me about the 30for30 idea is that you really learn what you need vs. what you want when you go shopping.  Also, something that I really wanted to take from this challenge was to dress like every day was a special occasion.

Because, let's face it, I've been in a bit of a rut.   And I didn't care what I looked like in the slightest. Except for special occasions.  And so far dressing as if everyday is special is going well... the 30 for 30.... not so much.. I have clothes ADD I've decided...   I even started out and drew my 30 items and made flash cards to help me mix/match.



the cardigans I chose..

Below is my day 1 outfit. 

I loved that I was wearing clothes that I had for ever and ever but I wore them in a new way.  It made me feel 
a. really pretty
b. confident.

I loved that.


cardi: Nordstrom.  blouse: H&M.  Belt: GAP.  Skirt: Shade.  Boots: Nordstrom.


Lesson learned in this experience:
 
1.  Put a little thought into what you're wearing. 
2. Take the time to get ready.
3.  Feel pretty/confident? 

Yes please.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

i definately love this outfit. cute! be sure to update on your 30for30 challenge so i can see! you're always cute!

Unknown said...

excellent outfit. You look both pretty and confident. Good work. You are excellent.

AJ Candrian said...

Sometimes I look through clothing catalogs (usually j.crew) to get ideas for outfits. Most of the time I realize I have similar things I could also throw together to make into a fun ensemble. And it reminds me I have clothes that don't get worn often enough. And that I don't really need to buy new things to have a new outfit.

Thanks for the fun idea! You're darling, by the way.

Fei said...

I am loving the 30 for 30 challenge. I didn't know there were SO many options in my wardrobe!

p.s. We want more pictures of you in the outfits.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground