Karen Carpenter was right

Sunday, July 4, 2010



It was completely the right thing to do. Still doesn't make it any easier, though.


One of the greatest blessings I have recieved from this is realizing how many people truly care about me and how I'm doing.

I've had countless people praying for me, texting/calling me, dropping everything to distract me and just to see how I'm doing. I have the greatest friends in the entire world. Angels are sent to us in our times of need. Heavenly angels, but mostly earthly angels. I can't even name all the earthly angels who've helped me out so much in the last few weeks alone, but one in particular stands out.

She learned of the breakup weeks after it happened, and the next day was at my house with chocolate and a sweet note to me. It was exactly what I needed. It was a reminder that God really is over all. He knows what is best for me and has someone amazing planned for me.


I love this:


Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone; to have a deep, full relationshop with another; to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But God says, "No. Not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content with being loved by me alone; with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to me; to have an intensely personal and unique relationship with me alone. I love you, my child. Until you discover that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with me; exclusive of anyone or anything else; exclusive of any other desires or longings. I want you to stop planning and stop wishing. Allow me to bring that person to you. You just keep watching me, expecting the greatest things. Keep listening and learning the things I tell you. You just wait; that's all.



Don't be anxious, don't worry, don't look around at the things others have or what I've given them. Don't look at the things you think you want. You just keep looking up to me,k for you will miss what I want to show you. When you are ready, I'll surprise you with a love more wonderful than you would have ever dreamed of. You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready--I am working even this minute to have you both ready at the same time--until you are both satisfied, exclusively with me and the life I have prepared for you, you will not be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with me. This is perfect love.


And dear one, I want you to have this wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with me, and enjoy materially and concretely, the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with myself.

Please know that I love you utterly. Believe it and be satisfied!


It is hard to stumble.. on your knees.






So, here I am. Saying goodbye to love for a time, looking forward with faith that my Heavenly Father really does have something and someone wonderful in store for me. Hard, yes. Worth it? Absolutely. I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.


In the meantime, I'm planning myself a journey to Europe.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Thank you so much for posting that Erin so I could read it! Beautiful.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground