what a pleasant surprise!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

got home at around 1am.

decided I wasn't quite sleepy yet.

so naturally I decided to check my email!


I recently booked a hotel for 2 nights through Expedia for a bunch of my gal friends and I and I had an email from the hotel saying they overbooked and that I needed to call this phone number immediately so they could find me other arrangements.

I've now been on hold (yes, I'm still on hold...I have my phone on speaker phone while I type) for 23 minutes.


It's great, really.



Elevator music for about 45 seconds and then the operater lady says one of six things:
(I only caught blips of the last two before the nice lady finally helped me again)

"We're glad you called! Please remain on the line so we can give you our complete attention! We'll be with you as soon as possible!"

"Thank you for holding while we assist other callers! Please be assured we'll be back on the line in just a few moments so we can answer all your questions!!"

"Your call is very important to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance! Please continue to hold. We'll be right with you!"

"Thank you for making time to call us... ..and for staying on the line! We look forward to speaking with you in just a moment!"

"Because of the personal attention we give to all of our customers, occasionally you may have a delay!"

"Thank you for calling. We know your time is valuable"



BUT all the holding payed off! Turns out the relocation cost is not my problem and Expedia gets to pay the extra... and it just so happens the only hotel available is really nice! Score!


I love getting my money's worth! It's the bargain shopper in me!

I just have to tell you... The price difference in the two hotels is $450. I am so happy right now!! Expedia's the bomb dot com.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground