education and such

Sunday, March 7, 2010

This last week I've been thinking a lot.

What do I want to be when I grow up?
Which degrees will get me to where I need to/want to go?
Why an education?

Anyway, with all that thinking came research.

I looked up how many semesters/credits I have left until I am done done.

I have

drumroll






6 years left.

6 YEARS, people.

But. By the time I'm done I'll have 3 degrees and a teaching certificate so that will be awesome.

I just can't help thinking about how lucky/blessed we are to live in a place where we get to choose whatever we want to be when we grow up. We can do something we love and make money doing it? Living the dream is what I say. Seriously. When you get an education it opens a whole world of doors and career opportunities.

Mom was telling me about this guy who decided not to go get a college education and he had an awesome job and was supporting his family just fine with the job he had-- then he got in an accident at work that left him not being able to work at that place anymore and now he's starting at square one and is having a really hard time because he can't support his family with the odd jobs he's picking up right now--especially in this economy as it is.


I need to remember how lucky I am and that education is really a privilege more often when I'm working on endless projects and breaking my back leaning down over my sewing machine. I may hate it today and this semester but down the road it's going to be awesome! I can't wait.

Just have to remember to take it one day at a time. 6 years is way too overwhelming to think about!

Sorry. Rambling happens when I've been thinking about something for awhile then it all just appears as word vomit on the blog.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground