spring 2010 trends and how to deal.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tie-Dye Prints
Keep tie dye to a minimum. If you're going to wear a dress like this, pair it with a denim jacket or cardigan to tone down the busy print.
Multi-Strap Dress This is kind of a strange trend. A multi strap blouse or dress would be darling paired with a military inspired jacket.


The Feathered Skirt
Personally, I don't think this trend should be followed at all. If you feel a burning desire to try it out, try something more toned down. Maybe try fabric layers rather than..feathers. Interesting...

Fold-Down Neckline
I love this neckline. I've wanted to get a sweater with this neckline for awhile but haven't found it anywhere, so I'm glad this trend is in. How cute would this look (as a shirt, not a dress) with a button-up collared shirt underneath and skinny jeans. Adorable. Love it.


Tweed Suit

I love this. Very vintage. If you get a tweed suit, mix it up. Wear the jacket with tailored dress pants, or wear the tweed pants with a blouse and pastel cardigan.



Drapey Mini Dress

I can't decide if I love this look yet or not. I think I would be more convince if the dress was belted and worn with skinny jeans or leggings. It's just too short for my liking, but paired with some bold accessories and something to cover my legs I think it would be very flattering and fashion forward!



The Color Yellow.
Love. Is all I have to say. Wear it as your shoe color, accessories, bag, ...just not all at once please.



Multi-Print Dress

Another trend to use sparingly. In a shirt or cardigan, maybe not as an entire dress unless it was more toned down. Maybe shorter or not as bold of a print? It's a fun idea.


Military Inspired Jacket
I love this look. It's an updated blazer. You could wear this jacket with just about anything. It's something you could dress up or dress down and it's cute no matter what.


Polka Dots.
I love me some bold polka dots, especially shown on this navy skirt. Adorable.



Have a Trendy Spring!

1 comment:

Beka said...

phew thanks for cluing me in erin! you are so cute! I'm SO excited that the color yellow is "in" since its my fav color! and polka dots are darling!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground