Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee

Sunday, March 21, 2010




I've rediscovered how much I love Sandra Dee movies.




That Funny Feeling


and


Gidget




are probably in my top 2




If you've never heard of them you are missin' out! If you've heard of them but have never seen them run to the nearest video rental store and check them out. They are perfect for girls nights. I'm telling you!




What are they about, you ask?




That Funny Feeling
Sandra Dee is a maid. She's cleaning this house for a week while the owner (a rich man) is out of town. Well, on his way out of town he ends up not going and they run into each other. He offers to walk her home. She's embarrassed about her own home so she walks him to the house she's cleaning... which happens to be his house. It's great fun. I won't give anything else away. And Bobby Darin is dreamy.




Gidget
This young lady named Francie and her friends decide to go "man hunting" (you know it's a good chick flick when they go on a man hunt.....) at the beach. Francie would rather learn to surf than try to attract gross men. Moondoggie (a nickname of this very attractive boy) and Francie meet, he and the surfer boys give her the nickname Gidget ...because she's a midget and a girl (she's not really a midget... just young and short). It's very darling and Moondoggie and Gidget are beautiful.






Other Sandra Dee movies worth seeing:




Come September


If a Man Answers


Take Her, She's Mine

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Ooh, I've never heard of these. But they look fantastic! Thank you! :)

Jan said...

Um, that's adorable. I love old movies, but have never seen a Sandra Dee movie. In fact, the only time I've heard of her is from that Grease song...

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground