just grateful

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today was any usual thursday. I left the house around 8am on my way to school.

As I was driving on the freeway, traffic was slowing--also a usual occurance.

I was breaking, and soon realized the cars in front of me were coming to complete stops. I continued to break, and then the van directly in front of me slammed on their brakes. I tried not to slam on my breaks and pulled of slightly so I wouldn't have to slam. The car behind me completely swerved around me and swerved back into the fast lane hitting the van in front of me.
They spun out of control.

I pulled over to the very left hand side and immediately dialed 911, having no clue what to do. The other cars were able to pull over as well, and eventually I did get out of my car to see if the drivers were okay.
The lady driving the van seemed to be very calm and was okay, her car wasn't damaged too badly. The girl who hit the van was bawling hysterically--I don't think she was paying attention at all. I felt so bad for both of them. I also felt so grateful that nobody was hurt and that I was protected this morning! It was a scary thing.

Needless to say, I've been praying all day thanking my Heavenly Father for keeping me safe! I hope those other gals are alright and have been able to breathe and just be thankful it wasn't worse than it was!

1 comment:

Ashley Serena said...

I'm glad you're alright, Erin. How scary! Witnessing something like that is never a joy. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground