be a Gal not a Pal

Friday, March 9, 2012

the following is taken from THIS article found on It's not you, it's your technique -- Alisa Goodwin Snell.

To identify if you act like a pal instead of a gal, ask yourself the following:



  1. Do I occasionally tilt my head and smile at him from across the room, look away, and then look back again?
  2. Do I ever cross my legs and gently tap my foot in his direction or slowly play with my hair, jewelry, or a pen when he is near?
  3. Do I act feminine when I talk with him (i.e., soften and fluctuate my voice, talk with my hands, tilt my hips, cross my legs, or touch him briefly)?
  4. Do I let him open my door or accept his offers of help?
  5. Do I make him feel needed, trusted, and appreciated?
  6. Do I express to him my feelings, needs, or opinions—and in a manner that demonstrates my faith that he cares?
  7. Do I leave the conversation early, at a high point, rather than waiting for him to say he has to go?

If you answer yes to any of the above--you're probably acting more like a Gal than a Pal.  Good for you!  It's not that easy for some of us... (myself included)

remember this awkwardness?  Jordz is the ginger version of the Buck! They have the same glasses!! {insert nonstop laughter here}... ahem.


My married friends and I were talking about this.  How does one try to skip the friend zone altogether and just date the guy?..

We came up with a few pointers of our own:

1.  Make sure you flirt only with the guys you like!  The boys you flirt with are the ones who ask you on dates, right?  Right.  This will also (hopefully) solve the problem of all the boys you don't like {yet you are comfortable flirting with} asking you out!
2.  Don't treat the guy you like as you would your girl friend.  Allow the confiding in him and telling him personal things to come naturally...don't just blurt out and say something you'd only tell a close friend right away! 
3.  It's important that if he asks you to do something make sure you understand your roles.  Is it a date, or are you just hanging out?  Just ask him!  {when in doubt--spell it out!}



This was interesting to think about!  I know I get nervous around the men I'm interested in because I'm 12 years old at heart...  But if I ever want anything to happen, I'm going to need to step out of my comfort zone and stop caring so much about whether or not he's interested or not.. ...Who cares, really!  It'll happen when it's supposed to, but it couldn't hurt for me to put forth a little effort.  Ha. 


What do you do in your dating pursuits?  I'm interested to know!


***

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so true!! adore you gir!

Heather Ostler said...

Cute Blog Erin! I'm so happy i found it. And this was a good post :) Also, I still can't find you on Facebook haha.

Hez

Beka said...

I know you posted this for me because i asked about it. I like those questions to ask myself. geez you should write a dating blog because girl, i've got questions. do you think you can go from being "good friends" to dating?

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground