I hate to tell you this, but..

Tuesday, June 1, 2010


Why am I only now realizing that boys and girls think completely different?


I mean, I always knew that... But seriously, why only now is it clicking?



For instance.


When I have friends over, I'm analyzing everyone. Their body language, how they're interacting with my other guests, making sure everyone is comfortable, if they've got anything to eat/drink or want anything... I just care. A lot. Sometimes I care too much.. (I'm told that sometimes. Ugh. Sorry I care, okay?)


My brother has friends over right now..


He is reading off by himself in a corner.


His friends are playing PS3.


My brother could care less what his friends are doing, and they could care less that he's reading and not entertaining them. They are perfectly content, and they all know that they're still friends and things aren't changed between them.


If one of my friends was off reading in a corner while I was at their house, I would think they hate me and it would really hurt my feelings!


I just don't get it.



For another instance.


Sometimes I share my feelings. It is a rare occurance. Very rare.


But when it happens, the few days after I am analyzing even more than usual. And when I don't see those I share my feelings with for the few days after said feeling-sharing I kind of have a panic attack. Deep down I know everything is fine. Everything is good. Very good. But my girl mind steps in and over-analyzes and cares too much.




Can't I just think like a boy does for once?! Please bless I'll stop caring soo much and just relax.


Everything is fine. Nothing has changed. You have peace in your heart, so stop stressing!


Breathe, Erin. Breathe!

3 comments:

Rachel Elder said...

SO true! Sometimes I think the EXACT same thing. Why cant my mind think LESS about stupid things! You're in good company! Cute post.

Ashley Serena said...

I think, even after many MANY centuries living together in this world, men and women still can't understand each other completely. That's probably because they really don't understand themselves completely. :) If that's not true at all, then I'm a weird one... because that's how I feel. :P It's alright--breathe!

Kati said...

Amen. I do the same thing!!!
Dear caring~
Why?
Love,
Me

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground