I'm the real deal. I think someday maybe a man might just realize that. But for now, these kids I've been wasting my time on just don't get it yet.

Dear boys,


Come on, dig deeper. Maybe you've heard of it? I'm tired of being myself all the time and feeling like I'm wasting my time around you. I'm tired of feeling like I'm not good enough when I'm around you. I'm very through with this idea that I need to be someone I'm not.. The 'if only' curse. The "if only I were funnier, prettier, wittier, smarter etc etc" curse. It's the worst curse in the world, if you ask me, and I'm tired of it all. When you decide to grow up please let me know.


sincerely, erin.



PS


quite honestly, choosing happiness is a daily struggle. somehow, there is a little piece of me that still believes.believes in love. the magical kind. no, not my dashing-prince-coming-to-rescue-me magical kind. the I will love you for every quirk, imperfection, talent, and wrinkle kind. the I will hold your hair back during morning sickness kind. the I will be there every step of the way through chemo kind. the forever kind. somehow. I still believe that exists for me. -Jaleneb

5 comments:

Jalene said...

Thanks for your comments! They brighten my day. And thanks for quoting me on your blog. It really makes me smile.

And I really do believe boys will grow up and appreciate us for who we are. :)

Lori Ann said...

yes boys for the most part don't appreciate the truely important qualities :) but do you know what I love about you?! is that you don't let it keep you down...all these dumb boys..you just get back up and try again...I wish I could be more like that...and because you are like that...you will find your Mr. Perfectly imperfect :)

Kate said...

Just found your blog and have to say: you are so right.

Ecuadmail said...

I disagree with your characterization of boys. It's akin to libel. In fact I think it is. Further explanation to come on my own blog, http://drawingfromblanks.blogspot.com/

All the best.

Unknown said...

all in good hope that boys (and people in general) will realize what's important, but let's be honest.. everyone's a little shallow.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground