ch-ch-ch-changes!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

with the new year coming, it is a habitual and traditional practice to reflect and review the past year and to look ahead with new goals to the new year.  as i have thought about this next year and all the many adventures and changes it will bring, i'll be honest.  i am nervous.  really nervous/anxious/excited.  the anticipation of something new always makes me nervous.  you know how i mean, i'm sure.  and i'm excited, don't get me wrong. but. i'm most nervous about not having my little sister around for the entire year of 2012.  as many of you know, she is leaving tomorrow to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  i am so excited for her! but. i cannot remember a time when i couldn't just call or text her and ask her a stupid question or have someone to hang out with.  i know i will be okay. i know she will be okay.  change this suddenly is never fun.  but i will learn and grow and be better for it!  and hey.  i have a lot to look forward this next year, so it can't be all bad!  and plus, i'll get to write her and send packages(and hopefully recieve letters and packages in return. hint, hint, anna!).  any of you have any great ideas of what to send a missionary?  you can check out a few of "my" ideas via my pinterest board dedicated to my sis as a missionary.  {view here}  okay.  that's enough for today. can't dwell or i cry.  i've been so good and haven't even cried yet today.  i'm sure that will change come tonight/tomorrow.  wish us all luck! 

ps.  get her address here and write a sister! 

she has always been the spaz of the family... 

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

I LOVE this picture and I love you both!! Except for when ya'll make me cry.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground