sketch > finished piece. say what?

Monday, February 3, 2014

Sometimes I really do make finished pieces of art!  It's a RARE occasion lately!  It is one of my 2014 goals to make more finished pieces of art, though... 

Here is the process for this little guy:


^^^Here's the scan of my sketch



^^^after I touched it up in Photoshop


^^^And then I decided to do something completely different with it.  I just added in some watercolor flowers I already had on the computer.  I'll probably go back and revisit the original at some point because I like where that was going.  In the meantime, I totally used the PenTool in Illustrator and it was amazing.  What what!  The whole time I wanted to yell like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone, "I'm not afraid anymore! Do you hear me!??  I'm not afraid!!!"  Okay, so... The Pen tool scares me a little bit still, and obviously I have a looong way to go.  But that's okay! Practice makes perfect, right? 

:)

1 comment:

Jen Schow said...

I can just imagine you yelling like Kevin, but on the part where he puts aftershave on...

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground