enjoy your Sunday

Sunday, July 8, 2012

This is an excerpt taken from a post written by sweet Hilary.  She's currently serving an LDS mission in Ecuador.  I was reading her blog earlier this week and found this post again... oh my gosh, totally made my day.  Thought I'd share it here.  Mostly for my posterity and for when I print out my blog at the end of this month!.. Hooray!
 
I thought I would dedicate a post to two girls who have really taught me to go for my dreams (cheesy, yes, but I just feel the need to thank them).
First, Erin Spencer.
Erin has been someone I've looked up to since as far back as when I was 15. (The first time I ever saw her, she and her sister Anna were playing a violin for people right outside the doors of the seminary building. Most were confused, but those who could grasp their spontaneous sense of humor laughed along.) Once I started working at T.A. Erin and I became close friends. Erin is someone I go to for advice on everything- from my pageant skit to my lesson in church. She is one girl I've always wanted to be more like and better friends with.
Erin is good example to me of doing everything you can to accomplish your goals and dreams. She's always been in tune with the spirit and followed what she felt was best for her. She has many opportunities open up to her because she has taken every step she could to get to where she wants to be.
And whenever I tell her how awesome she is, she always reciprocates. It's cool to know she thinks I can be awesome too.

I am so grateful for friends like Hilary.  I think she is amazing in every way possible and know that she will do wonders in Ecuador.  I'm thankful she shared this on her blog!  It's always really nice to hear nice things about yourself I think.  Anyway.  Enjoy your Sunday! 

1 comment:

Beka said...

oh sweet hilary. I miss her so so much! i definitely look up to you too erin! you aren't afraid to do what you love even if people don't think it's practical. i love that you are so creative and that you love life to the fullest!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground